RSS
Write some words about you and your blog here

skating on ice

So, my first time on my new web log :) First of all, I want to wish you all a happy 2010!

This blog is the English version of my other blog: http://meconnected.blogspot.com/. If you like it, send it to all your friends :)

I'll start with my Tuesday, the 29th. Me and my entourage went skating on ice, for a day :)

I was on my way tot Jaap Edenhal, all excited. I haven't skate in ages! So I took the bus towards Jaap Edenhal, and when I arrived, I saw that my friends already were there, I was the last one. But I wasn't that late, because our appointment was one o'clock, and it was three past one. Let's call it: fashionably late. Or: I-got-up-a-little-bit-late-so-I-missed-the-first-bus late. Call it want you want. We were with four. Actually we were supposed to be with six, but one of them couldn't come and the other's mobile was dead and she didn't read her mail. Smart ass:P Later on we gave up calling her and bought our tickets. I and N. went in to one row, and K. and M. went to another. And then they came to us and asked, with a big smile: How much did you pay for your ticket?
N. and I said the price, and we found out that I had the cheapest one, thanks to my XXXS-card, jeej :) M. and K. got students reduction, but they aren't students. Bad, baaad girls!
We entered and went to a counter, to pay for the rent of our skates. We had to hand in our passports/drivers license/ID as an guarantee. The girl in the counter gave us number, which is connected to your card and a blue coin. We turned around to another counter, hand in the blue coin and got our skates and had to wear them, and damn, that was torture O.o
Those things are so ridiculously that, getting my foot in was almost impossible! And when I finally got my foot in it, it was like it was molded O.o It was like trying to push an circle in a square, imagine that! But we all got them on. But what a surprise, there was a flap loose. So I tried to get it in my skate again, while N. was laughing at me because of my frustration. But it worked :) And then the other side came out. @%$%#%@ Stupid thing.
So, when we all got them on, we dumped our belongings in the lockers and went with good moods towards the ice. First, I didn't dare to go on ice. A couple of years ago, when I was 9 or 10 years old, I went skating for my very first time. I fell 25 times. And when I got on the ice, I also almost fell. But it went quite smoothly, except for the first five minutes :P The rest followed and we wanted to go on the 400 meter tracks and suddenly:
*DUNG* A bell went, and they started cleaning the track. Shit. I felt like it wouldn't end, but in real life, it was (just) a half hour. The stupid thing was, that we went on the ice when it was about half past one. And I had to left around three, because I had to work. While we were waiting, we (me holding K's hand :P) skated a round on the small track, with all the toddlers. So at two o'clock, we finally were able to skate on the 400 meter track. And we didn't fall :) Sometimes, a child chased us a showed his skills. Boaster. I remember that K said to me: I have never fallen on the ice, and this time I also won't fall. (It was her second time) We'll see about that :P
While we were waiting, we were wondering how we had to brake. I suggested to push someone on the track, when a pro arrives. So we could see how he/she would stop and observe that. But it wasn't worth taking the risk. I bet that he would curse us and we might get injured :P So we called our friend and asked her, haha.If you want to brake, turn your feet into a point. So we all learned something. The joy of knowledge :)


When they gave us the signal, we went to the 400 metres- track.
And then it happened.
After a few metres, M. turned around and K. couldn't break in time, so they bumped into each other and fell xD I have to admit, N. and me couldn't hold it any longer. It was so funny, I cried of laughter xD Seriously, I wish someone had filmed at and broadcast it in slow-motion, that would be so hilarious! xD
After skating one round N. and me switched into the second gear and left K. and M. behind us.
There were some evil people there, they all wanted to touch me :P
At least 5 people bumped it o me. But thanks to me amazing skating skills, I didn't fell :)
Okay, I have to admit, N was better than me :P
We had a break, and sat down at a point where me and my friend H. got stuck a few years ago. We were very slow, and suddenly they announced that they were going to clean the track. So H. and me were stuck on the other side of the track, all alone in the dark O.o
While we were there, we saw some chickens. Seriously, if the chickens were there when H. and I were stuck there, and the appeared out of the dark, I'm pretty sure that I would have got a heart attack :P
It was almost three o'clock, and after our break we only had ten minutes. I wanted tot take a final round. That turned to be two rounds, because one round for K. and M., were two for us :P But at the end something strange happened. N. was skating in front of me and we saw K. and M. So we skated towards them and suddenly my left leg got his own will O.o It was shaking and turned to left, so I almost went into a split. Luckily, I was near a wall, so I let myself fall on the wall. (Well, I didn't let myself fall, I sought for support (a) )
It was only two metres, so I skated two metres and it started acting strange again. Whatever, I was off the ice :) Maybe it was the skate, who knows? We handed in our skates, got our ID's and while the guy was searching for some stuff, you could see his boxer. I said to K.: cute boxer xD And she said: I think he heard that :P But I'm sure he didn't. Most of the time, if I give my opinion about something, the person looks to me, with a strange look.
At the end we bought some fries (I bought I a special one, I thought that it was ketchup + mayonnaise, but apparently they also add onions, brr. I ditched the onions:P) and I after wishing everybody a happy new year I went to my work. At home, I found a quick way to go to my work on Google Maps. So I walked, and walked and didn't had a clue where I was, but I kept walking. After a while I saw a bus stop, but it wasn't for my bus, the 65. I looked at the map and saw that the 65 stopped a little further, so I went there but it also didn't stop there, so I gave up. Eventually I took another bus to Amstel and took the tram to work. And hey, who did I see driving me by? The 65:) Hi there.

That's all folks! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment