RSS
Write some words about you and your blog here

Balance

Dirk van den Broek is a supermarket.

Saturday.
A heavy, heavy day for me.
Not only did Dirk van den Broek took away my very last day of chilling, no that wasn't enough.
They also dragged me into a horrible thing named: Balance.

The trouble started at dawn. I had to wake up at 10 for 7 am! What the hell, that's my "shit, i have to go to school"-time, not my "yes, it's Christmas holidays"-time!
In my holidays I don't wake up before twelve. So I had to dress myself half a sleep, and went outside, I took the subway, blabla and arrived at 10 to 8. (Have you noticed, that everytime you enter a place on your own, everybody turns around to look at you, immediately? Creepy.)
And yes, I could enjoy the hapiness of working from 8 till 5.
It was so busy, not normal! There even was a man who said to me:
Wow, I wish you a lot of strenght today. It's a madhouse. Ik think it's very tough of you to show up. Hold on.
And he said it in such a way:
I am proud of you, my son.
Except that I'm not his son:P
Anyway, I heard from the other people at my work that 4 people called that they were sick (due the Balance). So I was saddled up with 342348923948294 customers, how great is that? :)
Now I understand why the called sick.. During my breaks, when I went to buy something, the assistantmanager asked my: You know you have to come back at seven, do you?
She: Sigh. For the Balance. Everyone must be present!
I said: What? But the last time I didn't have to come!
She: Yes, that was different, now everybody needs to come.
I thought: fuck, fuck fuck.
So at seven pm, i came back from home and got my assignment.
I had to count the look-o-look candies. Everytime I counted 100, I had to write down the price of the last product.
There were 416 candies. So.. many.. sweets.
I finished quite quick, and handed in my paper. And the didn't believed me :O They couldn't believe that I was so fast. What kind of faith is that?
One of them even said: Really, if you did it right, you are a miracle.
And then, I had to go to the biscuits division O.o
And you know, there are some people who work in the shop (they stock the shelves), and they thought they where funny :D
So when I was counting: forty-one, forty-two, forty-three, they came merrily along: eighty-two, sixteen, fifty-five. And me again:
Shit, I've lost count.
And they laughed. Like it was funny. Okay, it was :P
And something that also was irritating, the customers. They all had questions, so I had to stop to explain them where those damn products were. You know my whole hand was blue, because I filled it with numbers, so I wouldn't forget where I stopped? But the problem was, that after I helped the customers, I knew what number, but not the last product. Frustrating @#$$@##%#$@^And since I was awake since seven o'clock, I was ridiculously tired.
At last. when I arrived another 100, I put signes on products, so I knew where I was around.
You know how many cookies there were?

2729

Two thousand and sevenhundred and twenty-nine biscuits, what the hell. I don't even know why we did it.
It took me two hours to count fourhunderd and sixteen sweets and two thousand and twenty-nine cookies. I am never going to do that again. Madness. Especially not when I'm working from 8 till 5.

That's all folks! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment